Tuesday, January 6, 2009

TRAINING FOR SALT LAKE MARATHON

A friend of mine is helping me out with my marathon training. She's such a nice, generous woman who spends her time racing for a charity that she believes in and training others. In 2008 she raised close to $600,000 through her running and biking for her AIDS ORPHANS charity. On top of that she is the toughest woman I have ever known or even heard about.

I don't know why I'm shocked that her training for me this week has jumped me from being a lazy slacker last week to running almost 40 miles this week along with weight training, swimming and biking. Ouch!

I apologize in advance for the inevitable zombie I'm sure to become...on the other hand, it may allow me to continue my habit of eating man-sized portions and carbs at all hours of the day and night. It just might be worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment