Friday, January 2, 2009

Just a little mid-life crisis!

For days I have been racking my brain to come up with something to blog about. Cute/crazy kid things. Swimming with the kids. Olivia's impressive engineering of the marble racetrack. Lincoln cleaning his room without being asked. Ty's questionable urinary habits.... I have experienced a teensy bit of anxiety after posting last feeling like maybe it was too personal so I wanted to post something light and fresh to distract people (mostly me) from the previous one. It's not that things have been quiet and boring, they never are, but nothing has piqued my creativity and kept me interested long enough. So, I've sat, reading and re-reading other blogs. I even read the newspaper. Well, I read the comics and my horrorscope. (yes, I did that on purpose.) It turns out that as a Virgo, I can "plan for my creativity to pay off later in the year because I started working on it now" When I read that, I thought "Hey, that actually sounds like me right now!" I got all excited thinking about the comments that I've heard about the stuff on my blog. Even the Jimmers was telling me he thinks I'm talented. I mean, he has to right? I wear his ring. But then I realized that these 1st draft ramblings can't possibly be considered writing. I don't even know. how. to! punctuate? correctly.! A friend told Jimmy recently that he dated/knew Stephanie Meyer waaaay before her massive-money-making Twilight venture. It seems like everyone is writing books these days. Bloggers, old college girlfriends, brothers (I hope), everyone is writing. They are writing and being creative and I'm seriously craving a creative outlet. After at least 20 pounds of fudge, truffles, and all the cream- cheesy concoctions of late my creative food well has run dry. I'm over it. I'm definitely not a writer, and even Jimmy wouldn't buy my work last time I played art gallery with the kids. Ring or not, the hubby found a 60 ounce soda more inspirational than my vases in charcoal. So, that's out. And I don't craft or stamp or design things and I only sew sort-of straight lines. I have considered designing work-out wear for serious athletes. Especially, when I saw a woman wearing a little matching outfit with unfortunately placed stripes across her hips. Great colors, but the effect of the stripes made it look like she had her stringy unmentionables sticking out of her pants. But even then, I couldn't figure out how I'd fix it so I guess I'll volunteer for product testing and pray that running in the snow gets a little less tedious and a lot more creative-thought provoking.

No comments:

Post a Comment