Friday, April 24, 2009

Monster vs. Mommy


I took the boys to this movie yesterday. Apparently, my time spent watching Access Hollywood to learn about current events is completely wasted because during the previews when Ty was talking about "Bob this" and "Bob that" I had no idea what he was referring to. Then, the movie began to play and Bob and I became acquainted with one another. It didn't take very long to figure out why Ty was so drawn to him; I think they are long lost brothers or soul mates or something. I will give you a brief synopsis for those who haven't seen the movie....(Do you like how I reference my readership? Like there is more than one of you...I even have to bribe my own mother to read!)

Bob is...well, Bob is basically a Blob and while Ty has a shape to him, he does have an other-worldly ability to dive on top of people and put them in scissor holds in a blob-like encompassing manner. Like when you are covered by a blob, you can free your face of goo but then your hand is covered in slime; Ty is everywhere.

Bob leaves a slime trail where ever he goes and he never stops eating. Ty uses hunger to avoid almost everything. He's too hungry to put away his toys; He's too hungry to go to bed; He's even too hungry to eat his veggies. And he's messy. Did you see my last toilet post?

Bob doesn't have a brain. Ty frequently bypasses his. "It's overrated" says Bob. Ty tends to be a "live and learn" kind of kid. Thankfully, this has not resulted in any trips to the emergency room. Insert sound of very loud knocking on wood here...

Bob tends to get all fired-up over things that don't really apply to him. Ty, in his infancy/ego-maniac/it's all about me/dramatic state quite often has to be told that I'm not talking to him and that when I say "I don't like sponge bob" it's not secret code for "Nobody likes Ty."

Bob vacillates between being goofy with a air headed-like tone and sounding very professional and intelligent. Ty actually, can be quite the conversationalist. When he's trying hard to communicate with you the process is written on his very expressionistic face and then usually the words come out. But, then again, sometimes he gives up and just yells one syllable demands at me.

Bob is "a hugger." The problem, is that when Bob hugs you, you end up inside the slime like a giant jello mold. Ty has a difficult time understanding boundaries. About five seconds ago he pulled back the collar of my shirt to see what was underneath and since he knows how to unlock doors...the bathrooms aren't safe either. If another child is sitting near me or Jimmy, Ty will, very slyly, wiggle his bony little tush in between them. He's very tricky.

Now, Bob is very love-able and funny and so is Ty. In fact, for a few brief insanity filled moments yesterday I looked at Ty and thought "I don't want you to grow up!"

Then, I realized that there was wayyyyy too much butter on our popcorn. Fake butter. There's got to be something wrong and allergy inducing with that stuff. I'll just let it wear off.

Photo borrowered or stolen from Dreamworks.

3 comments:

  1. This was great! And it is also reason why I kept saying, "Jen, you need to write for the newpaper or something!" Really, think of all the mom's you could be helping and entertaining. Awesome stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I read every single one of your posts thank you very much! Haha

    ReplyDelete