Friday, March 27, 2009

I WISH! a photo essay by an inept photographer.

Today has been rough. Tonya and I met at 4:45 a.m. with the instruction to run a 2 mile warm-up followed by 3 x 1 mile repeats @ 6:30, 6:30, and 6:25. and then a 2 mile cool down. I am so muscle sore that I'm reminded of what it feels like after running a marathon. It HURTS. Along with all the regular training, I've allowed myself to be sucked into the gym vortex altering my temporal lobe and my loss of logic has caused me to do two-a-days for the last couple of weeks when I should have been recovering from an injury. Stupid vortex! You know the vortex, the one where you see all those people that you don't look like and then someone says "oh, lift this! or add this weight! Ride that stair mill for 45 minutes!" and. now. it's. catching. up. to. me. So, this morning, I could NOT run any faster than a 7 minute mile and even that was acid-inducing. (you know what I mean, right?) I'm tired. Really tired.

I could use some of this..... a nice SLOW climb and a new view of the world

pretty flowers growing out of the dark
some of messy Ty's candy
some quiet time
a good ride on a steep road where all I have to do is breath and move and relax
some good old fashioned soaking up the sunshine

and last but not least....just kidding! but isn't that a funny tree!?!?


Here's to tomorrow being a new day......

2 comments:

  1. You need to let me have Tyclops.
    I had forgotten about that tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh. Charity's logged on to my account again. This is me not her.

    ReplyDelete