Wednesday, February 18, 2009

MIDDLE CHILD SYNDROME

Izzy has been talking nonstop about her birthday. When is my birthday? How many days until my birthday? Can I have a princess party? I invited so and so to my birthday!....So, when Kinley called today to find out what time to come over for Izzy's party, I didn't have the heart to let her down and tell her Izzy's birthday isn't until next month, I had to invite her over today.

When the girls came upstairs and said they were hungry, I made them quesadilla's. and salsa. and a really gooey smore's-like treat with marshmallow cream and melted chocolate. I spilled chocolate all over the counter top and kids were covered with mush and loving it...so I said to Kinley...

"Kinley, is your mom as messy as me?"
In reply, Kinley made some sort of scoffing noise and said, very definitively, "NO!"

Things progress and chaos, as usual, ensues so I ask our tame little house guest...

"Kinley, is your house as crazy as our house."

Again, a very confident "NO!"


Ok, let me digress. Izzy is a middle child. Look up the attributes and definition of a middle child and by golly, there's a picture of Izzy. To be honest, she's kind of struggling right now. She's big but not big enough. She's wants all the attention but when she gets it she throws a tantrum. She pouts. She whines. She holds a grudge. Well, you get the picture. So, Jimmy and I have been working extra hard to help her find her place and part of that is letting her play with her friends more often.

Enter Kinley.





Dear Kinley's mother,

I would like to formally apologize for the influence my child may have on your child. I will try my very best to supervise the craziness and keep it to a manageable level. While I cannot promise not to feed their cute faces with ooey gooey treats I do promise that we do not normally live by the "eat it or wear it" concept as it may appear in this video.
I believe in keeping kids active and if she tells you stories about exercise balls, foam rollers, bikes in the basement and sword fights with marathon stick massagers, I assure it's all safe and harmless. The lawsuit from the football/fight club party is still pending but I have every confidence it will be cleared up shortly.
I hope you will still allow your daughter to continue to play with Izzy as I'm sure this is a stage she will grow out of soon. I hope you will understand and bear with us.

Sincerely,

Izzy's exhausted mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment