Wednesday, August 17, 2011

august

i love fall.  i love sweaters.  i love football games and thanksgiving and i love chocolate chip pumpkin cookies and i love hot chocolate with tons of marshmellows.
i love winter.  i love snow. i love crisp cold mornings. i love hiking in the mountains and sliding down the hillside on my snowshoes and i love sledding with my kids.  i love driving thru drifts and running in the dark.
i love springtime. i love new life and new love. and i love muddy trails and rainbows.  i love baby animals and i love sunsets.
i love july.  i love backyard bbq's and swimming pools.. i love sparklers and watermelon.  i love campfires and i love toasted marshmellows.  and i love a cool open water swim and long bike ride.

but i hate august.  i hate the schedules and i hate the rushing around.  i hate the heat when i'm trapped inside.  i hate that august took my dad and my brother and my uncle. and i hate that august accentuates my crazy.  and i hate that it sneaks up on me and it takes me until the 17th to figure out why i'm all out of sorts.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (sorry, that was me - I messed up!!!!)
    I hear ya, sweetpea - you have every good reason to be out of sorts with memories so close to the surface! You are ONE TOUGH LADY - just FEEL THE FEELINGS, let them pass AND then MOVE ON to the future!!!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a few more weeks and you're through this tough month! hang in there, jen!

    ReplyDelete