Saturday, December 27, 2008

If I only had a brain!

I don't even use it very much. In fact, I get chastised quite often for leaving it home. I might not actually miss it except for the fact that my alarm clock doesn't work and it fills in nicely at 4:45 a.m. and yet I am already having a weird scarecrow moment where I'm not quite sure what to do with myself. I could merrily skip down a yellow brick road without clear reasoning as to where I'm going but alas NO! the roads are covered with inches and inches of fluffy white stuff which is why my cell phone (you thought I had lost my head, didn't you!?) is missing. The snow we are getting is crazy deep and soft and it makes everything eerily quite. I went running during a snowstorm and after calling home to make sure my friends sunglasses were left on the counter and not lost somewhere in the snow I forgot to zip my pocket. AAARGH! What makes it even worse, is that while my friend was calling herself a doofus for not keeping track of things I was SECRETLY smug about how I'm so GOOD at keeping track of things. Poetic justice! Shouldn't the karma fairy have at least, given me points for not being OPENLY smug? What good is trying to hide my badness if I'm just going to be punished anyway?

So, my cell phone is lost and all attempts to locate the pesky thing in a white-out blizzard over a 12 mile route were futile and I should be more upset but since I am on a path to enlightenment (hee hee) I will share what I have learned...I get to buy a new cell phone... and (here's the kicker) if I'm going to get punished for my thoughts and not my actions I might just say what I'm thinking and brace myself for karmic fury. How bad can it be?

1 comment:

  1. hey jen! nice to have you back. ya, i'd say that considering the reports i'm getting about the snowfall up there, just buy a new cellular telephone. finding it just isn't gonna happen.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete