Monday, March 1, 2010

How many years has it been?



How long has it been?

Since we ate cheesecake at that coffee shop in Fort Worth?

And those bikers with big beards and bandannas joined us at our table and I thought they might kill us but you made fast-friends with them and talked to them about the history of the Hell's Angels and bike clubs?

And I wore that really awesome green dress that you bought me which made me think it would be ok if they killed us because at least I would look good?

And we kissed as we walked down the street in the hot Texas heat and we talked about our future. And I thought for sure we'd get married and live happily ever after and we'd take good care of each other and who ever else came along?

Well, we are still together and I still have that green dress in our closet and I still like to kiss you and we still take care of each other and everybody else who has come along and I'm glad you protect me from getting killed on the street.

Thank you for all the years from then to now.

I love you.

Happy Anniversary

2 comments: